Sorry we haven’t been keeping you all updated with everything that has been going on. We’ve just been so busy with work and other things going on that the wedding has been kind of put on the back burner. In a way it’s a huge blessing to even be able to say that since weddings tend to get ridiculously crazy the month before, but it’s been pretty calm and we are both so grateful for that especially since a wedding is just one day, what’s important is our relationships with each other and those we love
Ok so here’s the lowdown.
- We FINALLY figured out our flower situation. Seriously though, flowers are crazy expensive, I think the wedding industry is secretly conspiring against us because it just doesn’t make sense why flowers (which DIE after a few days) cost so much! It’s funny because we met a random person at the flower place and he was telling us that he remembers back in 1978 when peonies were $.25 a stem (versus their whopping $4 a stem). Mind blowing, right!? Anyway, we figured out a solution that worked for us and we are extremely blessed not to be spending as much as your average wedding. Praise Jesus!
- We bought Ben’s wedding band! Wooo!!!! He’s really excited cause it’s simple but classy…just like him
Anyway, we figured we couldn’t really afford another G ($1,000) just for me to have TWO rings on my finger so we will do without the traditional wedding band and stick to only sporting the engagement ring, which is fine by me since I love staring at how sparkly it is
- I FINALLY got around to printing my thank you cards for those of you who so graciously presented me with a gift during my fabulous bridal shower. So expect those soon!
- We mailed out our invites!!!!!!! This was at the top of our list of important things to get done and we are so thrilled that you’ll be seeing them soon!
- We got an APP!!!! It’s super cool and we couldn’t be more thrilled about it. Shout out to our dear friends at Appy Couple who specially designed our app to match our website. Props you guys, you really came through and we truly love it so much!
- We booked our honeymoon!!!! I must say that we totally went from essentially not having a honeymoon to having a pretty ballin 6 day vacay. We’ll be spending sometime in Texas, Mexico and possibly NYC…God willing! We’d like to give a special thank you to our dear amazing cousin Isa for her wonderful gift. We love you so much Isa, you’re such a huge blessing to our lives.
- We decided on our cake flavors! It’s going to be delicious…get exciteddddd!
That’s all we have for now. We have some other things lined up to share too, but we have to keep the mystery alive! Haha.
Love you all! Only thirty-some days to go!!!!